- No products in the cart.
Iced Tea Day Celebrations
Can you believe that Iced Tea Day is less than a month away! What are you waiting for get your iced tea now…
We are of course joking. Iced Tea Day is apparently a real thing though, on June 10th.This is a little exciting for us, here at Bold Street Sweets, because we love our authentic American iced teas. As Brits we love our traditional tea, of course, but we have to say that the American twist works really well. Plus with summer approaching, what could be better than a cool, refreshing, zingy tea.
To celebrate the very important occasion of Iced Tea Day, we thought we’d have a little look at why tea not only tastes great, but is good for you too!
- Tea has been proven to increase the body’s ability to burn fat. The antioxidants within tea can lead to better muscle endurance and a rejuvenated capability to do more and lose weight quicker. You may think we’re mad, and that such lovely tea couldn’t possibly help you lose weight, but it’s true and researched by real scientists.
- Not just for helping you look good, tea has been proven to make you feel good too. Antioxidants within tea help fight off free radicals in your body. You may have heard a lot about these free radicals and antioxidants, but basically the free radicals are bad and can move through your body causing damage as they go. Antioxidants act like an army, protecting the body, and stopping any free radicals in their tracks, and therefore saving the day. Hurray for antioxidants.
- Drinking tea cuts your chances of heart attacks; they say about three to four cuppas a day should do it. With clear evidence to support this it’s no wonder everyone hasn’t rushed out to buy their tea in bulk. There are some studies that suggest tea could protect against cancers, tooth decay and bone diseases. For diabetic tea lovers there is good news too. Tea is proven to help the body control sugar levels and therefore reduce the risks of diabetes.
- Who would have thought that tea could help you achieve a smaller waistline? Well, it’s true. According to studies, tea drinkers had a lower waist circumference and a lower BMI than non-tea drinkers. Scientists speculate that this is because tea has an effect on our metabolism. Remember though, man (or woman) cannot live on tea alone. To achieve these results you still need to live a healthy lifestyle, just think of tea as a boost.
- Finally, tea obviously hydrates us. Keeping hydrated is important for our bodies to function properly; after all we are made of 50% water. Keeping well hydrated helps transport nutrients around the body, controls your temperature, helps your digestive system and keeps your skin bright and healthy. Scientists have claimed that drinking tea could be even better for you than water as it not only hydrates you but provides you with antioxidants too. Double points for being healthy.
Bold Street Sweets supply Arizona Iced Teas. These are a fully authentic American brand who spend less money on big advertising so they can give their customers bigger bottles, more tea and at a lower price. The teas come in a variety of different fruity flavours, from blueberry to raspberry, to give a tangy twist to the beautifully refreshing tea.
To discover more of our iced tea collection and celebrate Iced Tea Day in style, visit our online shop or pop into our store in Liverpool City Centre to step into a sweetie wonderland.