- No products in the cart.
Kisses Cake Pops
A cake pop is the perfect summer treat. When the sun comes out you want something light, fun and most of all, yummy. In the last few years people have gone mad for cake pops, they just love the little bites of joy. The great thing about them is the size and ability to share them with lots of your friends. Sometimes a big piece of cake can be too much, especially on a lovely sunny day, whereas a cake pop is just the right amount of loveliness.
With all the hype over cake pops we’ve gone one better. What could possibly be better than a cake pop you say? A cake pop with a delicious, melt in the mouth, Hershey’s Kiss nestled in the centre. We have found a tantalising recipe using a Hershey’s Kiss snuggled inside a cakey ball and drizzled in chocolate. Buy your Hershey’s kisses online or from our Bold Street store and try this recipe out for yourself.
Makes 20 cake popsCake Pops
- 20 Hershey’s Kisses
- 20 lollipop sticks
- 400g coloured candy melts
- Bowl of sugar
- 120g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 180g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- 40g full fat cream cheese
- 200g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
Step 1 – Make the cake
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Grease a 25cm round tin
- Cream together the butter and sugar until it looks pale and fluffy.
- Then add the beaten eggs, a little at a time. Then the flour and the milk and keep mixing.
- Pour the mix into the tin and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack
Step 2 – Crumble
- Crumble the cake into a bowl using your fingers.
Step 3 – Mix
- Mix in the frosting, just a little at a time. You may not need all of it.
- Keep mixing with your hands until you have a fudge-like consistency and it doesn’t crack or crumble.
- Chill this for an hour.
Step 4 – Hershey time!
- Melt a little bit of the chocolate and dip each lollipop stick into it
- Take a Hershey’s Kiss and push the lollipop stick into the end.
- Place the Hershey’s Kiss into the bowl of sugar, stick facing up, until it dries.
- Take a spoonful of the chilled cake mix, roll it into a flat circle and wrap it around the Kiss so it’s surrounded by a ball of cake.
Step 5 – Melting
- Put the candy melts into a deep, microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time until melted.
- Add a little oil into the mix to make it easier to work with.
Step 6 – Dipping
- Dip in the cake pop, making sure you cover it entirely and a bit of the stick too.
- Stand the pops up to dry and decorate how you wish. Be creative!
Get your Hershey’s Kisses today and try out these gorgous pops with a hidden Hershey surprise and delight all your friends. Visit our Bold Street store or order online and get creative.